Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weinerpeg: Buttcrack of Canada REDEEMS ITSELF?!

Yesterday was fantastic! I woke up at about 4am, drove for a bit and stopped for gas only to find that the station would be closed for another two hours. Bugger. So, I stuck it out for a bit when a truck full of roofers pulled up and asked when the station would open. They were almost out of gas, so I checked my GPS for the next nearest gas station - 12 km away. They ran out of gas on the way there, I rescued them with a jerry-can and was on my way - with new friends. :) I'll try to remember to post the photo I took with 'Big Sexy' (haha) later.

I drove for eleven hours yesterday from Terrace Bay to Winnipeg with a stop or two along the way. Stopped at a lake that was created by a meteorite strike called West Hawk Lake for a quick dip (holy crap it was... chilly). Then, an hour later... I made it into Winnipeg!



I semi-lived here in Winnipeg (long story) last year with my then-boyfriend and didn't really get out much to see the city. My friend Tom, whom I met at a hostel in Vancouver this spring, was kind enough to host me and show me the city a little bit! I had a really great time and am raring to get back on the road.



Regina, here I come!



Also... I want to send a shout-out to those who have been kind enough to donate to me for this trip! I've got some self-portraits that I'm excited to send you already, and there are tons more to come! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment