Saturday, October 1, 2011

Long day.

Been driving ten hours now. A bit behind schedule due to a wee little health issue that forced us to stay in the GTA until the morning. All better, we headed out into the morning gloom.

When I say 'we', by the way, I mean one of my closest friends, Chris. He will periodically drop in on the roadtrip here and there so that I don't completely lose my mind. He heads back to Toronto tomorrow at noon, as I continue toward Thunder Bay and into Winnipeg by the third.

I have discovered that my highbeams are super crappy and need to be replaced. This means that we won't be driving through the night into Thunder Bay. I'm not too concerned - it's a very dangerous drive anyway due to wildlife collisions and I'd much prefer not to drive with that stress.

Driving through Muskoka earlier today, we nearly collided with a black bear and her two cubs. I saw them with enough notice that I was able to speed ahead of the cars surrounding me and blare my horn at them, sending them scuttling back into the forest. What a nightmare that could have been.

We are finally pulling into Sault Ste Marie. Going to enjoy our Saturday night and prepare for an early start!

No comments:

Post a Comment